Saturday, August 18, 2012


it's been awhile... a lot has happened in our lives since my last post.

*we live in texas now and have been here for just a bit over a year

*we have made a ton of friends here which has been a huge blessing... and it's been nice living near my sister, brandi, kelly and james... love them!


*all the kids have been surfing competively and doing great - tyler has been killing it, tannyn got third in her first contest and tayli got fourth in her first contest!






*texas summers suck - so HOT!

*dan fishes a lot since there is rarely any surf

* ty went to bali on a missions trip this summer - we are beyond proud of him and his love for Jesus and others


* in february we found out we are expecting!


*in june we found out we are are expecting TWINS! one of each...boy and girl..

*i'm due at the end of october but hoping they come a few weeks early... my belly is HUGE!
(you can see tons of pics on instagram - user name: kassibacquet)


*i'm planning a home birth and have the most wonderful mid wife, chris duffy, whom i completely trust and respect... we love her assistant, ashley, as well. they are awesome!

*tyler just turned 15, tayli turned 5 in july and tannyn is almost 8!

*dan and i celebrated 9 years of marriage on august 9th

so much change has happened and i'm sure if i put my mind to it, i could write a book! but i have total pregnancy brain and can't think of anything else... but i wanted to update you all on our lives. i'm not sure if many of you still check my blog, but if so, let me know if you would be interested in me keeping up with it from here on out - i'm sure i'll have a lot to write about over the next few weeks until the arrival of the twins and, of course, after they come.

looking forward to this journey...

kass


*all pics are from my iphone/instagram...sorry for the bad quality



19 comments:

shaina said...

I've just started reading your blog (found you through instagram-on James' page, and loved your pics!) but I read it all the way back a few months ago, and I would love for you to continue blogging! I'm terrible at it, myself, so I always like to read about other peoples lives/experiences. Have a great day :)

Carly said...

I just recently started following your blog and I love it! so please continue:) I also love you and your husbands instagram photos! even your sons too because I am the same age so it's cool to see. I was so blown away when I read your story, you are such an inspirational family with how you trust and love God and how you love eachother. I guess you could say with how you "keep calm and carry on"! thanks for sharing
-Carly

Anonymous said...

Ja tak:-) from Denmark

Deniz

erika said...

missed you in the blogging world but have loved the random instagrams and would love even more too see you more on here too. blessings!

Tricia Gilchrist said...

I would love for you to continue! I found you through Bleubird and have been following your Instagram. You are adorable! Please blog!

Micaela said...

YES!!! please keep up with your blog, especially now as you're expecting twins (as a twin, i'm incredibly jealous-- no relationship like it!)

and at 8 months pregnant with my first (a girl due next month!!! eeek) i want to read and see all things pregnancy. ;)

btw-- you look SO CUTE!!!

so PLEASE keep up with it? ;)

Annie said...

Hey-a lovey! I still read every little thing you post! I love you honey!! ~Annie

Anonymous said...

Yay! So glad to see you posting again! Congratulations on your twins!

Olivia said...

Loveeeeee. Yay!!

Anonymous said...

please continue! your blog is inspiring to me!!

Anna ,Andrea said...

Love your blog and your instagram!!!
please continue :)

m.e. said...

Welcome back! Keep it up I'm still following! I took a break from my blog and just started up again feels great to be back. Happy for you and your family!

Midwesteffect.blogspot.com

Howard 6 said...

I'm not sure how or when I first found your blog, but it was at least a year ago. I check back from time to time to see if there is an update. And boy was there!! Congratulations on everything going on in your life. I hope you will keep updating us. I love hearing about your life. I'll keep checking back.
Kristen in NC

Anonymous said...

I love your blog and am so glad you began posting again.

Anna said...

Ahhh I have missed your blog!

Marisa M said...

I would definitely love for you to keep up with it! I love following you on instagram but this is great!

Unknown said...

Please keep writing, I have really missed your blog! You have a beautiful growing family!

ItsOnlyLove said...

I follow you on instagram since some months and Love all your pictures :-)
Greets from Germany!

Anonymous said...

Why viewers still make use of to read news papers when in this technological globe everything is existing on web?
Take a look at my site - forex market times