Monday, April 26, 2010

california surfin



this past saturday
tyler had the ISF state championships
(interscholastic surfing federation)
middle schools from up and down the coast of california showed up in oceanside, ca for the contest

ty placed second in his first heat 
but then went up against a bunch of 8th graders who were sponsored in his second heat...
 and came in 5th (out of 6)
he had a blast though and we couldn't be prouder!



tannyn, arasteh (my niece) and tayli


getting the pep talk from dad before his second heat



waiting for his heat to start



i spent a while talking to ty's coach, mr. parry 
and coach parry said that ty is probably the second best on the team
we are so thankful that he is on the team and that he has been able to surf in the contests since he's the 'new kid'... we're also very thankful that he has made so many friends so far - apparently they've been fighting over him - how cute is that? AND coach parry told me that the girls have been fighting over who gets to sit by him in one of his classes.... man, that's scary!

i hope you all had a great weekend
and are enjoying your night 

xo,
kass

ps. tomorrow is two things i love... around my home - i hope you come back and link on up!

11 comments:

elsie said...

how exciting!! I always get choked up at kids competitions - even when it's not my kid!!! be back tomorrow!

Lauren @The Little Things We Do.... said...

oh my gosh! ty is so cute! i'm so glad things are going well for him and he's more than fitting in with new friends. i seriously can't wait to meet your cute family :).

xo. thanks.
xo. thanks.

Britney {Jesses Girl} said...

how fun and exciting!

i want to try surfing sometime though i don't think i'd be any good at it... :)

BuenoBueno said...

Must be a joy to have amazing/talented kiddos! I'm 23 and have never surfed. I was too young to go (according to the folks) while Brandi was doing it in high school and since then I don't think we have really lived in the same town. I want to learn soooo bad. GREAT JOB TY! I love when kids have a passion early on.

Anna said...

surfing as a school sport, how very 90210-ish of you ;)
Just kissing, that is awesome. I am just jealous we couldn't have surfing in Ohio. Looks like a fun day!

shellybellylarson said...

awwww...that is awesome...he is such a super kid !

Jamie said...

Sooo great!!! I'm sooo glad that he's adjusting so well!!! I'm sure that's a load of worry off your mind! xo

~Ash~ said...

kass so happy for Ty-you gotta let me know when he surfs next-if its local we want to come! love you. ps i know you are being anti-soc so i may just have to kidnap you!

With Love, Jamie said...

This is so awesome! :)
Great photos too!

Christina said...

Yay for TY!!! So proud of him! Miss you guys...why are you being anti-soc? Back feeling OK? Dan still getting better? Call me later to chat - XOXO!!!

Unknown said...

Great job Ty. Glad the new school seems to be working out. We need to plan for summer.

Big P